Friday 4 May 2012

Swarming Bees

This week has had its highs and lows.  At the beginning of the week next door's bees decided to swarm and landed on two huge bags of sand on our front lawn.  It was all very interesting - after flying around madly they settled down and eventually formed this huge mass.

Mr C came and collected them in a cardboard box and they went off to a new home.

Then we had the surprise of a dead badger on the road outside our house.  It was not fully grown, and although there are lots of badgers around the area it is not something you expect to find where we live.

The latter end of the week has been TOOooo traumatic.  Workmen everywhere and I now have no kitchen (I lie - I have a temporary kitchen in the pantry).

I really wanted to leave home on Thursday ... it was all just too much.  Having to miss my bookbinding class today too.  Did catch squirrel No 22 this morning though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment