Thursday 10 July 2014

Ledbury Poetry Week

Last week during Ledbury Poetry Festival, Tilley Printing had a display of altered books in one of their upstairs rooms which were very interesting, however, I found their lovely printing press fascinating.  Having worked for several newspapers and remembering the days when the type was handset ready for printing, the whole experience was so nostalgic. I worked for Westminster Press in Darlington for a time many years ago and can clearly recall having to go upstairs to where the typesetters were working.

I first encountered Tilley Press last year during H-Art and when I saw they were open to the public for two days more recently I could not resist a second visit.  There are trays of alphabet print blocks.  Absolute heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment