Monday 21 November 2011

Wildlife in The Dell

Found this little chap near the stream when I was clearing up some of the branches and twigs that DH had lopped off and left.

He seemed unphased by my presence and I had time to go back into the house and get my camera and take some photographs.

He had better watch out or the owls, herons and other predators will make a tasty meal of him!!
These toadstools were a huge surprise one morning when Sox and I were having a little walk in the Dell.  There are quite a lot of them under the Hornbeam tree at the end of the Dell.  I am not going to attempt to eat any of them - they could be poisonous I suppose.  Even the mice have not nibbled them yet.

We do have some mice ... Sox brought his second one into the house recently.  It was tiny and was blind in one eye, which might account for how he managed to catch it.

Squirrels are still plaguing us to death.  Jamie Oliver and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall reckon you can eat them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment