Tuesday 4 June 2013

Busy Week

Had a fantastic few days with lots of visitors.  I am waiting for my knees and hips to start to ache as I have had three long walks on the Malvern Hills over the past three days.  A bit drastic as I have not walked anywhere for ages!

On the first day we walked up from West Malvern, along to the Worcester Beacon then on to the Wyche Cutting dropping down onto the wooded walk back to St Ann's Well.  We were lucky enough to come across a basking Slow Worm.  I have never seen a real one before so it was such a surprise.  On Sunday we had lunch at Colwall and then had a shorter walk around British Camp before our friends left for home.

Monday a friend and her husband from my C&G's Embroidery course days spent the day with me and we did a long walk from our house up through the Quarry, around North Hill, back up the Worcester Beacon and then down through St Ann's Well into the gardens where the Buzzard sculpture is sited.  Took them to see the lovely stained glass in the Priory after a refreshing cup of tea in the Deli, and then a walk home to wait for DH coming home from work.

The weather has been sunny and hot, good company and generally an excellent time.  Unfortunately no sewing or drawing has gone on.

No comments:

Post a Comment