Wednesday 25 October 2017

The Water Splash


Took myself off for a 20 mile ride today on the 'Ledbury Loop'.  It would have been even better if I had managed to take the correct road at the start.  As far as I could tell (when I eventually got back on the right road) the whole route appears to be well signposted and mainly on nice quiet roads.  The ford above was fun, but you are advised not to ride through it, so I had to negotiate the narrow bridge with my bike.

Lots of wildlife about: millions of pheasants, squirrels, two different hairy caterpillars making a mad dash across the road, rabbits, lots of birds and plenty of sunshine. Nice Hereford cattle, with a bull in the field.

Seeing the Eastnor obelisk and knowing I had not got much further to ride was a relief as I knew a lot of the remaining part of the journey was downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment