Monday 5 February 2018

Hard Labour


Thanks to DH removing the mock marble front to this fireplace and discovering some horrendous tiles underneath, which were also cracked, I have spent several days getting rid of the tiles and finishing stripping the surrounding woodwork, which had layers of paint on it.  At the same time I managed to bruise my hand whilst using the hammer and brick boulster.

I am now stuck as I cannot get the edging tiles off so I shall have to find a nice fireplace shop to come and do some restoration work and put in a new hearth, which DH also threw out.


The fireplace is situated across the corner of the dining room, which has made it quite difficult to work on and I guess it is the original from the 1930's.


1 comment:

  1. Hope you find someone - the original mantelpiece and surround is too good to waste.

    ReplyDelete