Thursday 7 June 2018

Moth Eaten Sketchbook

I was given a challenge recently to work in a sketchbook with black pages.  Whilst we had a break for Half Term I decided to concentrate on 'playing' in this wonderous journal with it's dark sheets full of opportunities … little did I know how hard it would be to come up with ideas.

I decided to develop the moth drawing I had been following since using the moth trap.


Markel oil stick stencilled moth, sketched moth, printed circle and punched circles revealing the page behind ….


More stencilled moths using both positive and negative images and the reverse of the same punched holes mentioned above.


Negative images sponged over and a cut out moth with a map pasted behind it.


Patterns from moth wings - holes punched through. The page folds up to show just one individual image.

1 comment:

  1. You clever clogs you - I thought you said you had no ideas for the 'black book'. I think they look very exciting.

    ReplyDelete