Thursday 19 July 2018

It must be Moth Weather


I had a few spare minutes yesterday before we went out for the day so I drew the outline of a moth onto some black card that I had been scribbling on trying out some white ink.  I then placed the cut out moth on top of the card and the card on top of an illustration of something I had saved to put in my sketchbook. Not sure where this is leading me too, but it is good to experiment and develop your ideas.


Progress on another little project is slow and last week I have managed to use my soldering iron to cut out hexagons of sheer fabrics to collage on top of the indigo dyed stitched pieces.  These are the leftovers above which I have adhered to a piece of fabric using the sticky powder you use to mend clothes. (It is like Bondaweb without the backing and the name eludes me at the moment) Thought my cut out black card moth looked like he needed feeding so popped him onto the fabric. Do moths like thistles?


This is the hexagon piece which I am really stuck on.  Handstitching is not working so shall have to resort to some machine embroidery first I think in a lighter coloured thread.




No comments:

Post a Comment