Sunday 30 September 2018

A Little Bit of a Diversion

As if I do not have enough unfinished projects already? Sometimes I just need to do something else, anything else, rather than what I am meant to be doing so I started to make a small quilt from some fabric I had left over from a cot quilt I made some years ago.  It has taken me two weeks so far and it is still far from finished.  I seem to end up unpicking almost as much as I stitch because I am not happy with the way the pieces line up. I try so hard to be really accurate with the seams and cutting and still they are never quite right.


Stitched squares awaiting assembly. I have now changed the layout around and added another column of patches.


2 replacement squares to be added as I am not happy with the original ones I made … guess I will have enough bits left for a Lap Quilt after this!!



Some of the stitched pieces laid on the ironing board awaiting the next step ….





1 comment: