Monday 18 February 2019

The Good Weather Continues

A little bit of madness on Sunday. Encouraged by some of the riders on Friday I signed up for the 'Introduction to Intermediate Ride' from Jinney Ring on Sunday morning.  It was almost 25 miles which is just about on the limit of what I can manage at a reasonable speed with hills thrown in. I usually choose 'Steady Rides' which are slightly shorter but a similar speed.

I was busy chewing an energy bar in this photograph to get me the last few miles back to the car park and cafĂ© for coffee and cake.  You meet some wonderful people cycling with Women on Wheels and lots of chatting goes on whilst we are cycling.  We inevitably change places in the group as we all have different levels of fitness for climbing hills and speeding along nice flat pieces of road which gives you chance to catchup with people you have not seen for a while and also to get to know new riders.

No comments:

Post a Comment