Monday 18 March 2019

Lost the Plot .... Again!!


I have been messing around with this drypoint of a chicken for several weeks now and this week I actually managed to finish a collagraph plate to provide a background for it.  A little bit of experimentation followed.  Do I print the drypoint first or the collagraph? A chicken and egg situation I think? Anyway I prefer the collagraph first followed by the drypoint as it then retains the light areas I created on the collagraph. Need to try some different coloured inks now.


Thank goodness I got out for a fairly long cycle ride on my own today. It seems like forever since I was last out.  I did almost 38 miles in fairly pleasant weather, albeit a little chilly at times.  Stopped off at National Trust Croome Park on my way for parsnip and apple soup and a scone. I had to ride up a section of road that was supposedly closed but I never came across anything happening that would have meant it should be shut. The alternative was far more daunting which was to cycle back along part of my route I had already done to get to Croome another way.  I would then have still had to cycle the remaining 17 miles back to Malvern. Decided to take a chance and it was the right decision for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment