Tuesday 9 June 2020

Chasing the Baton again but with friends


Three up today and they found the baton, although it had been moved from where I had left it on Monday for them.  Unfortunately prior to this I had a puncture.  First one since I started cycling!!  Sue and I had to try and remember what we had been taught on the Bike Maintenance course way back when we did the Couch to 50K in 2017.  I got a bit stuck putting the new tube into the tyre but a lovely man stopped and told me where I was going wrong.


Liz had problems with her bike too.  Her mudguard was catching the wheel so she really needs to think about taking them off for the summer I think.  My Garmin decided not to work after we had been stopped to fix the puncture and I did not realise until I had ridden 4 miles further on to pick up the baton. Think we must have had gremlins?  Enjoyed an ice cream sat in the sunshine outside a local village shop though. Lovely ride ad lovely company.  Makes a change to riding by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment