Friday 21 October 2011

Signs of Winter


Hope the masses of holly berries in the garden are not signs of a hard winter to come.  We have also had masses of acorns which the squirrels have been eating and burying.  The biggest surprise has been the mistletoe.  The berries have quickly changed from green to glowing white.

On the squirrel front - I am afraid I accidentally caught a squirrel in the trap which I had left out to get them accustomed to it.  I had not put any food in the trap so it must have just gone in being playful.  The general plan is that someone is coming to shoot them so that I do not have the problem of having to kill them myself.  Each day there seems to be more and more of them.  We have at least 4 resident in the garden and there are plenty more around.

No comments:

Post a Comment