Wednesday 5 October 2011

Transfer Dyes

Having purchased some transfer dyes in powder form at the NEC in August I have been waiting for an opportunity to try them out (time is also an issue at the moment!!).  Worcester branch of the Embroiderers' Guild meeting in September saw everyone going home with three pieces of pelmet vilene with the instruction to make a box out of the pieces.  Full of enthusiasm I mixed up three shades of the transfer dyes and put them in old film containers.  Painted my pieces of photocopy paper and collected some leaves from the garden.  The above photograph is the result of a morning messing around.  As usual no more has been done to these pieces so it was with embarrassment that I went to the October meeting of the EG and saw lots of finished boxes.

However, I did also mess about with a piece of pelmet vilene I had intended using as a book cover which had been roller painted with dark blue acrylic paint using a patterned roller.  It reminds me of the franking on envelopes.  I have even got as far as stitching a little bit of texture onto it.  Just need some free time to get on with all of the above before the November meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment