Monday 30 April 2012

Frances Pickering Book


I have managed to do a little bit more work on the book I produced at the Frances Pickering Workshop.
This is the cover made of bits of lace coloured with Koh-i-noor dyes and waxed.  The base is pelmet vilene.
I am trying to fill the pages with pictures of the flora and fauna that can be found in our garden.


All of the pages have drawings created on wallpaper lining paper which have been stuck to the page using Bondaweb.  The robin needs a bit more work to integrate it into the page.  I was being lazy and could not be bothered to cut around his toes which is why he is sat on a square pad.

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love the birds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried again to follow your blog and couldnt get google access to join. I realised this has happened before to me when Id tried to follow your blog and wonder if others are having difficulty following you too?
    Or is it just me lol !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I need to give you access to it? The main reason for having the blog is to keep in touch with my C&G chums since I moved to Worcestershire from Yorkshire. I miss them lots.

      Delete