Wednesday 4 April 2012

Piano Hinge Book



Spent most of Monday finishing off this piano hinge book, which involved painting more skewers and wrapping them with painted Fibretex and jewellery wire.  I tried using some metallic thread but my fingers did not want to work.  (I am suffering still with my shoulder and pins and needles in my hands - I really must learn not to overdo heavy work such as cleaning bricks and digging clay soil)

The cover of the book is just good old Tissue paper crumpled and applied with PVA.  It then had a couple of coats of acrylic paint and some Treasure Gold.  My ties were made with a cord winder but the ends need a little attention to tidy them up.  A couple of Fibretex beads were used to add interest to the cords.

I am not sure whether I am actually finished yet .... I fancy some wayward cords on the spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment