Tuesday 29 May 2012

Bookbinding Challenge

Because I had done Japanese stab bound books several times before our tutor decided she would give me a challenge.  She gave me some pictures of alternative bindings she had obtained from the internet and asked me to work out how to do them.  I managed these two and there are still at least another four for me to try my hand (or needle) at.  Then it was suggested I should invent my own.  Thought about looking at blackwork stitches as they are always the same on the back as the front so may provide some ideas.

We were also given a pattern to make a box to store the little book in which is apparently a traditional Japanese thing.  The package is then wrapped in various layers including felt and silk and presented as a gift to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment