Thursday 14 June 2012

More Bookbinding



Because of all the work going on in the house I have been struggling to keep up with my Bookbinding class.  These samples were done at our last lesson when we were learning different stitch patterns for the spine.  I think these are (but not sure of what order the samples are in):-

                                              Running Stitch
                                              Back Stitch
                                              Hitch Stitch
                                              Chain Stitch

I have the worst one to complete yet and must get it done before tomorrow, which is our next class.  It is Two-Section Sewing 'Z's.  Just about got my head around it but messed up my cover so shall have to go and ferret around and find some more card.  Whoops ..... almost forgot I have to cut out some more paper for signatures too .... better get my finger out.

(The nice shiny wood the samples are sat on is one of the worktops which I have been busy oiling for the past few days.  I have put three coats on either side ready for them to be installed in the kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment