Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Seeing Stars

For the past few weeks I have been trying to finish piecing a large quilt so that it can be long arm quilted.  I have almost completed it today, apart from having to replace two small pieces I accidentally clipped with some very sharp embroidery scissors whilst removing hanging threads. They are tiny, tiny snips but not worth the risk of leaving them to develop into larger holes so I shall have to unpick and replace the two pieces.

 This is the basic block ....
and this corner has been my 'stumbling block' because I made up the design as I went along and could not get the corners to line up without a lot of 'fiddling' ....

I incorporated 5 appliqued hearts and 44 maple leaves (which are 9 patch and measure 4.5 inches each) around three edges of the quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Well done you - you must be really pleased because it looks lovely - perhaps it might even be on my bed the next time I stay !