Wednesday 1 August 2018

Cycling Madness

No photo I am afraid, but yesterday I went out with one of the ladies from the 'Couch to 50k' group, as she is training for a London to Paris ride starting on 15 August. I take my hat off to her as she is doing something I would not even contemplate attempting. I cycle for my health, fitness and because I enjoy it. I do not want to achieve any goals or win medals. I also want to ride safely and uninjured.

I had an idea the ride would be difficult, as she had mentioned Hollybush hill, but it was even worse than I had anticipated with several other very challenging hills for me (Evendine Lane), dreadful road surfaces (Eastnor) on the Herefordshire side of the Malverns, but some fantastic views if you dared to look (West Malvern). We did just over 25 miles. So this week I have now already done over 46 miles as on Monday I rode to Croome Park via Worcester on my own. Do not know how I have done it as I am still very tired from TSG Summer School last week?

Needless to say I do not think I will be doing yesterday's ride again in a hurry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment