Saturday 5 January 2019

Going Round in Circles

This Travelling Journal piece ended up covering 4 pages instead of 2!! Fairly typical of me.  I always seems to make things more complicated for myself. It was the end of someone's Journal and there were a couple of blank pages left so I decided to utilise them and fill up the fabric book at the same time.

There are several holes through the pages and I made them so that sections of the page behind could be seen. I also had an old antique button that I wanted to use which fitted one of the holes perfectly.


The prairie points actually go along the central fold of this piece of fabric. All very confusing when you look at the two photographs above.

This is the final page of the piece. I decided to fold the prairie points to give a central line, which I think is a more pleasing view and adds interest.


A bonus of the having holes through is the surprise view you get of other people's work that is behind the opened out pages in the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment