Wednesday 9 January 2019

Yet More Cycling ....


I took myself off for a long ride (for me) on Tuesday from Malvern via Diglis Bridge in Worcester, round to Croome Park and then back through Upton and Hanley Swan home.  A total of 37.5 miles.  The plan was to stop at the National Trust cafĂ© at Croome for a sandwich which is just over half way round.  To my dismay I found it was shut for two days.  They were offering coffee from a flask and cakes or crisps.  It had to be tepid coffee and a chocolate brownie I am afraid.

The above picture is the church door at Earls Croome which I have meant to stop and investigate for ages.  I obviously did not look far enough as this door is a more recent addition and the one that dates back to the 12th C is hidden on another side I think. Looks like I shall have to stop again on my travels.

1 comment: