Wednesday 27 July 2011

HOME ALONE AND BORED

Darling husband (DH) was at home last week on holiday and during his forays into wallpaper stripping he found a serious problem in the funny under eaves cupboard in Bedroom 4 which left me feeling pretty dejected.  Disappointed that some of the tradesmen we have contacted for quotes for the first stage of the work are dragging their feet, particularly as I want to get some of the jobs started before the winter - roof and central heating.  I spent a whole day in the Dell cutting a philadelphus down to the ground in the hope that it will rejuvenate it.  I think it thought it was a tree.  It was ever so tall. I may now have killed it I suppose.

Highlight of this week has been going to get my hair cut!!  Apart from that I have had to unpick the second roman blind I am making 4 times as it was just not right. Can't decide if it was the fabric or I had stitched it wrong.  The majority of the stitching was done by hand so cannot see why it should not have been right.

Being stuck at home by myself is not a desirable situation so to cheer me up and inspire me I have booked myself on a one day bookbinding course at the local college which they are running as part of their Summer School.  May enrol in September if I enjoy the course.  Surprised to see they run quite a few textile courses including C&G Embroidery & Patchwork.

Finally got round to ordering myself a couple of tickets for the NEC so plan to be there on the Friday and Sunday.  It only takes an hour from here and is about 40 miles I think.

Just remembered that next week I am doing another patchwork workshop at Newent with Helen Keenan - think it is called Landscapes so shall have to find some reference material and unearth my sewing stuff.  Last week DH moved all my boxes to enable him to do the wallpaper stripping, but has not put them back so this task could take me some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment