Monday 15 August 2011

NEC Festival of Quilts


Went to the show on Friday and Sunday.  Not much fun on Friday as I was on my own, but absolute bliss to be able to drive there from home in 50 minutes. It is just over 40 miles.

Saw Carol from the Quilt Museum and had a quick catch up and, of course, also managed to spend more money than I planned.  Sunday was much better as I met up with Annie.  She had inadvertently booked a workshop which provided me with the opportunity to go and say hello to Fiona Wilson and listen to her lecture - which was excellent.  Wish I was years younger and could afford to go and do a degree.

Lots to see and the book this lovely bird was in was an absolute winner.  Now all fired up to do some work and try out my new purchases.  Had a busy weekend all in all and now back to the reality of entering the second week of having the new roof put on our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment