Thursday 11 August 2011

Worcester EG Exhibition

Chapel Memorial Room, Kings School, Worcester
Having felt like I was living in a goldfish bowl whilst the roofing work is going on I managed to escape for a couple of hours on Wednesday and went to Worcester to see the local branch exhibition.  It was very good - once I found it.  I continually get lost in Worcester and because I took the wrong entrance, I did not see the very clear signs to the exhibition.  Got there in the end.

The branch started a separate small group a few years ago which set themselves challenges.  There was a lovely display of what they had achieved.
This piece was a textured album cover.  My photograph does not really do it justice.  A lot of the work on display was framed behind glass and it was impossible to take any pictures without getting reflections which was a shame.  There were several examples of items made as a result of the workshops undertaken throughout the year.  The most interesting aspect of the exhibition was some very old pieces created by the lady who started the branch in the 50's.  An excellent idea was the small canvases for sale at £10 each.  The theme was the 'Elements' which had been interpretted in various ways by members of the branch.

Finally, this lovel mask.  It was an embellished piece, fairly small but very nice.  Well done everyone.  Perhaps next year I will have time to contribute something to the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment