Friday 19 August 2011

Rustlings

Sox and I were enjoying our evening walk in the dell and I found a dead blackbird.  We have not seen any for weeks and I suspect the squirrels/magpies have killed and eaten several of them.  This one looked as if it had been bitten.  Also got a visiting ginger cat who is partial to a bird or two and recently seen by 'Dave the roofer' running across the main road carrying something.  Shame it does not catch squirrels!!

The upside of last night was that I was sat in the dark on the bench in the garden when Sox became very animated and interested in the next door neighbour's fence.  Out from under the shrubs popped a small hedgehog which proceeded to meander its way across the lawn and under the bench I was sitting on.  It suddenly realised I was there and dashed off in the direction from whence it had come.

Sox is not very well at the moment and only eats occasionally so each evening I have been putting any cat food that was left out near the garage.  This little hedgehog must know about it because within half an hour it had reappeared and after rummaging around under the bay window and through a clump of shrubs it was found noisely eating the cat food.  Hope it gets fattened up a bit more before it needs to hibernate or it will never survive the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment