Wednesday 7 September 2011

EG Worcester Branch Meeting

What an excellent start to the new subscription year.  Three of the members demonstrated various techniques to create backgrounds for stitch and then we were all given a small pack containing pelmet vilene and cardboard which had been pre cut to enable us to create a small box(?).  These have to be completed by the next meeting in October.  Amongst the techniques covered were Transfer Dyes used on synthetic fabrics, Markal Sticks, Koh-i-Noor inks and painted Bondaweb.  Finally we were shown how to assemble the pieces to create a box(?).

I discovered that they also have a library of DVDs that you can borrow for a month for just £1 each.  I came home with one by Hilary Bower, but was very tempted to bring more .... as most of you know I have no time to sit watching these things!!

Hopefully the central heating boiler installation will start next Monday, not sure what we are going to do about the radiators as many walls need to have major repairs before these can be attached.  Yet another challenge for me.

Off to collect my beloved Bernina today as it has been away to be serviced.  It is only now that I learn there is a Bernina agent in Malvern I could have taken it to.

I have also been trying to create a Frances Pickering style book on bits of a painted sheet I bought for £2 in a charity shop but progress is slow.  The pieces below were primed with Gesso, however I have tried to create some more pages and spent ages painting what I thought was Gesso onto them, only to rememember that the 'Gesso' bottle probably has white emulsion paint in it.  Ah well.

Here are my first attempts ....


This was meant to be Herb Robert in  The Dell.


Not sure what this was - I was playing about with Koh-i-Noor and a new patterned roller I got at the NEC from Art Van Go.


A rosehip from a wild rose in the front garden. The background was created using Neocolour II watersoluble wax crayons.

This is a bit of The Dell using various colouring techniques.

I just need to get stitching now and make them all into a nice little book.

No comments:

Post a Comment