Monday 12 September 2011

Koh-i-Noor Dyes

 I bought a new Koh-i-noor travel sketch set at the NEC from Colourcrafts.  They are made by Anilinky and although they say they are Brilliant Water Colours they are in fact dye based colours.  There are 24 disks in 4 circular trays so a nice addition to the usual tray of 10 colours.  The reference number was 174506.

The secretary at the Worcester branch of  the EG suggested using a brush which has a water reservoir with them.  I also managed to find a nice set of alphabet stamps whilst in the art shop.


I did some sampling with my Koh-i-noor colours to ensure they actually were the brilliant waterbased dyes.  I bleached the colours and some of them were washed over acrylic paint.  I also checked that they original 10 colours were included.

I had difficulty deciding which of the yellows was the correct one as the shades are very close.  There are two whites and one could be pearlised, but not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment