Monday 5 September 2011

Peace at Last

Afraid the skip and scaffolding are still here although, at long last, it looks like we might even get some rain.  Catching up today after having my best friend to stay since Tuesday.  We were out and about most days so not a lot got done at home.  I have to make the most of having company as I seem to spend a lot of time by myself since we moved.

On Saturday evening we went over to the Forest of Dean and this mad person below (Thin Firework Controller aka the 'TFC') had organised some industrial size fireworks to complement the 8 rockets with Rob's ashes in.  As you can see from the photograph he does not really look like someone who should be in charge of potentially dangerous missiles.  Fantastic food was provided by this young ladies parents and we generally all had a great time.


This picture - which has a look of Fido Dido - was the last pair of rockets to be launched.  Surprisingly my photographs turned out much better than I expected, I only used my small digital camera on the Fireworks' setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment