Monday 9 July 2012

C&G Revisited

I do not seem to have had time to take photos just recently so I have raided my City & Guilds photos to find a couple of things to post.  This little book was inspired by a very old one I found when I was researching my personal theme for City & Guilds.  It was canvaswork and I could not work out how it had been stitched so I did my own interpretation of it.  I think I painted some canvas and layered pieces of Fibretex, sheer fabric and some metallic sheers over the top.  These were than hand stitched with a perle threads and metallic embroidery thread.  Once completed it was zapped with a heat gun before beads were added to the surface.

The pages inside have the lines of a poem printed on them and the were stained with walnut ink to age them.

It always reminds me of the weekend we visited Glasgow to go to the Burrell Collection as I sat in the hotel room busily stitching away to try and get it finished in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment