Tuesday 31 July 2012

Star Patchwork

As work on the house seems to be making very little progress at the moment and it is Soooo.... depressing I have been doing some patchwork as a distraction.  Also now started to make some boring old curtains and roman blinds but they cannot be hung up yet so no rush for them.

Using the fabric I have had for some time to make this quilt .... these are the 6 blocks made so far.  Not sure how many I have made altogether now, but progress is slow. This quilt was promised as a belated wedding present and should be a double or king size quilt when completed.  I am going to include some Maple leaves (for Canada) and some Hearts.

I have got some nice dark fabric to make alternative blocks which will add interest and give the quilt a lift I hope. On the design front I have been messing around on Photoshop to see how I could lay out my existing blocks.


So guess it is back to stitching now until I have got sufficient blocks to put together to make a whole quilt.  Not until much later though .... as today I have to take the car to get a new wheel bearing fitted which involves me sitting in the garage reception until it is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment