Wednesday 7 November 2012

Evolon and all that stuff

Reversed text laser copy painted with Transfer Dyes and ironed onto Evolon
Did a workshop today with Wendy Cotterill using spunbonded fabrics which included Lutradur, Evolon and Zeelon.  Learned some new things and enjoyed everyone's company, but I think the day confirmed that I do not really need to be doing workshops I just need to get on with some of my own work!!


Print-Aid applied to a foam stamp and then printed on Evolon prior to colouring with dye based sprays
Evolon painted with dye based colour spray and then stamped with a foam block treated with Print-Aid
Finally, I had to have a mess about. A piece of Lutradur had stuck to the paper from which I was lifting the transfer paint because my iron was too hot.  Once I had ripped it from the backing paper, I soldered it to one of my pieces of Evolon.  I poked holes in it with the tip of the soldering iron and put a bright colour underneath just to show up the holes.


2 comments: