Sunday 10 February 2013

May Hill

Well I had my birthday treat yesterday ... Needless to say this is not what I saw!!

I wanted to go for a pub lunch with perhaps a walk up May Hill.  It was so misty you could not see the hill, even close up, but I did get my pub lunch, although I had to endure DH being The Grumpy One.  May Hill is a manmade landmark.  It was created by planting a clump of pine trees on the summit to celebrate Queen Victoria's jubilee in 1887.

It has been depicted in many paintings and a book by Valerie McLean  http://valeriemclean.com/may-hill-prints-relating-to-the-seasons/

Also bought a new pair of navy blue Hunter wellies on the way back as my original ones, which are eons old, have decided to leak through the welded seams.  They have served me well, suffering lots of abuse over the years, including having a nail through the sole of one of them.  There is now nothing to stop me getting on with clearing up the rubbish in The Dell.

Saw my first new lambs whilst we were out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment