Thursday 16 January 2014

Apples

I lied about not having done any sewing .... I have been messing about stitching some apples on and off.  I had some fabric which had been space dyed and which I was not sure what I was going to do with.  I decided I might make a little hanging with apples on it.  So since Christmas I have done a few stitches now and then when I had a few spare minutes in between the jobs I should have been doing and this is as far as I have got to date ...

I think the fabric was part of a cotton sheet I bought in a charity shop.  The apples were bondawebbed down before stitching.  I just use any old bits of thread I have lying around, which can be challenging to say the least.  You can tell I have not pressed the fabric recently as the outline of the embroidery hoop is quite clear to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment