Tuesday 13 January 2015

No Stitch Book

I recently received the latest copy of 'Pages' magazine and it had a really neat little folded pocket book in it which required no stitching.  I made a prototype to see how it worked and then yesterday, when I had a bit more time, I made some more and painted the paper on both sides.  This is the result.


The outer cover is watercolour paper which is painted different colours on the back and front.  The inner back cover has a pocket to slip pictures and pieces of paper into.


The inserted concertina pages are cartridge paper and fold out to provide a surface upon which to sketch, collage and or write notes.


When the cover is folded up the reverse of the paper shows up on the spine and inner sections.  I thought it would make a nice little booklet to take on an outing or holiday to record interesting places and things.

2 comments:

  1. What a jolly little book! I couldn't see how you got both sides of the paper to show - perhaps you made two books ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may well get to find out before you know ... watch out for the postman!!

    ReplyDelete