Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Allotment Vegetables

Yesterday I spent most of the day stitching.  I have been trying out various vegetables for my next Yorkshire Travelling Journal. I saw the cauliflowers in 'Stitch' magazine and then remembered that I had a book with them in too so went and fished it out.

Next came the bright idea that I might be able to produce some raised cabbages using wadding and a piece of space died velvet I had in my box of bits.  I found it was easier to stitch from the back as the velvet was difficult to sew on.

Finally, and not yet mastered, was the idea of making some lettuce from some organza type ribbon.  IU am still working on that one.

I also managed to make a very small pincushion from tiny hexagons to put into the 'Quilt O Fax' I finished last week.  It has a little bit of Velcro on the back to hold it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment