Wednesday 30 March 2016

Remix/Reimagine Exhibition

Went to see the Remix/Reimagine Exhibition at New Brewery Arts in Cirencester yesterday with a friend and it was fabulous. Particularly loved all the creative books on display.  The exhibition features work by Sumi Perera who is a textile and paper artist.
The piece of framed work that I liked the most was the one shown above.  It had little bits of machine embroidery on it within the circles and was lovely. There was also a book based on circles which I did not take any pictures of which certainly gave me lots of thoughts and ideas for future work I might do.
This was my favourite binding which was full of very inspirational work mounted in windows throughout the book.
There were images created by rusting, various methods of mark making, printng, eco dying and stitching.

I loved this concertina book which also had a slip cover. The colours do not show up particularly well on this image

No comments:

Post a Comment