Monday 7 March 2016

Vegetable Plot

Yesterday I realised that I had never actually photographed the pages that I created in my 2015 Travelling Journal and as I am just about to pass it on again for the 2016 round of travels I got the camera out.

The picture above was printed using an imprint from a savoy cabbage leaf.  I punched small holes around the edge of the page to make it look like the cabbage white caterpillars had eaten them.  The butterfly was a section of a page ripped from a paperback book and then drawn on. The background of both pages was made using glazing fluid and acrylic paint which gave it a nice transparent look.

Previous blogs have shown the cabbages and cauliflowers under construction some time ago. They have small compressed paper balls inside them.

No comments:

Post a Comment