Friday 13 January 2017

A Jolly Holiday

Just had a few days away in Surrey staying with my best friend.  The main reason was to visit the Opus Anglicanum exhibition at the V&A before it ended and we were not disappointed. It was fabulous.  Met up with a friend who used to live in Bromsgrove there too She really deserved a medal as due to the tube drivers strike she had an horrendous journey getting there and back from Islington. It had taken her over 2 hours to travel in each direction.

Tuesday we went off in the car to Brighton for the day and the weather managed to stay fine, although it was a bit breezy along the promenade.  Needless to say ... we had a very nice time.

I was fascinated by the remains of the pier following the fire which I had not seen before, especially the twisted interior steelwork ....


We walked around the i360 which unfortunately was closed to the public. Something to put on my list for a future visit if I can persuade someone to go up it with me.

Also found a textile artist (Heidi Rhodes) working under the arches on the promenade and selling her pictures and postcards from there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment