Wednesday 24 October 2018

Autumn Cycling


Lovely weather here on Tuesday so went off to Croome and did a route down through Kinnersley and Earls Coome.  Then a short length on the A4104 to Baughton where I turned right onto a quiet lane that eventually takes you back towards Defford through Lower Strensham. When I got to Defford I realised that I had not done enough miles so I then continued along through Wadborough and Pirton, via High Green back to NT Croome Court for a cup of coffee and a fruit scone.  Lovely weather and I got some much needed exercise and head space. The horrid steep hill coming out of Defford towards Besford defeated me again.  No wonder … when I got to the top of the hill I realised I had been in totally the wrong range of gears all the way up it. I did a total of 18+ miles so that was good.

Defford Church

Approach to Defford. I have never really seen any of the fields of asparagus in the autumn before and these were obviously starting to change colour before dying off for the winter.  The lorry is on the main road (A4104) which I had to join for a short distance before turning off into Defford past the village hall church.

No comments:

Post a Comment