Thursday 25 October 2018

Museum in the Park


On Wednesday of this week I was meant to be helping a friend in the Forest of Dean stitch some cushions together, but she was not well and cancelled last minute.  It was such a nice day that I decided to drive myself to Stroud to visit the current print exhibition at The Museum in the Park that I have been trying to get to for the past 2-3 weeks.  I was not disappointed. This lovely piece of vintage embroidery was on display in the general part of the Museum and it just demonstrates that you do not have to look far for inspiration when you are stuck!!


Sue Brown's piece of work was inspired by this drawer of moths.


Lots of different methods used to produce her prints onto silk - Eco Printing and Gum Arabic Transfer amongst them.

At the rear of the Museum there is also a calm and peaceful garden which is well worth a visit.  The borders are full of dried seedheads and Michaelmas Daisies at the moment. Alas the exhibition ends this weekend I am afraid.



No comments:

Post a Comment