Friday 9 November 2018

Playing with Pears


This week I have been playing in a black A6 sketchbook with pear images. Using my small Gelli Plate, some tiny cut outs and a limited range of acrylic paint I managed to fill up quite a bit of my time.  Also got out my Neocolour I and II crayons to add a bit more colour. Loved the little pears on the lefthand page once I had enhanced them. I forget I can actually do things!


This print was a happy accident. It was a mixture of grey paint over the top of some white that had dried on the Gelli Plate. The ghostly image appeared because I did not press down hard enough when I printed onto the black paper. The pear cut outs I used were going to be a concertina that opened out in the book, but did not really work, so back to the drawing board on them.


From a pile of previously printed papers I found the orange pear which had been printed using an actual pear sliced in half. The bottom pear was created using an expanded sponge print block with white acrylic which was then crayoned over to add colour.


A bit of gold Gelli Plate printing on the corner and a collaged pear from a previous printing session, which probably had the use of a stencil to create the background pattern and a sticky back funky foam print block stuck to a piece of foam core board for the pear outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment