Thursday 19 January 2012

Concertina Book

Last Friday at my bookbinding class we were making concertina books so since then I have coloured some tissue paper using the Lynda Monk technique, but this time glued it to a piece of greyboard, one of which had some raised pieces on it.

This is how it looked before I glued the edges to the back of the board.  (I apologise for the colours - they are not quite right)

 


This is the front and back after I had turned the edges under.  I used the scanner to capture this image and you can see the difference in colour from the above.  (the flash on the camera distorts the metallic parts as does the scanner, but in a different way).

I have spent ages this morning looking for iron-on interfacing and have at long last found it in a box, so now I might be able to finish my second challenge for Venture 2.  Just as well as we have our second meeting next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment