Tuesday 3 January 2012

Staffordshire Hoard


I have been doodling again.  I have been drawing one of the animals from a cheek piece fragment from the Staffordshire Hoard.  It is a good job you cannot see the original!  I had to create a grid as I managed to get the proportions a bit wrong.

I traced the image from my drawing and scanned it into photoshop and I have since been playing around with it - single image, multiple images, flipped image ... etc etc.
 
One of the problems I am forever having when using Photoshop is remembering how to do things.  I wanted a transparent background so that I could overlap the two images shown above. I then erased part of one of them so they looked like they were intertwined.  Better think about using some colour and distressing techniques next so they look old and worn. 
More design options

1 comment:

  1. These are great. What will you do with these images? Will you be sharing the electronic version? I'd love to use & mess about with these. The hoard was discovered just up the road from me. Should be the Hammerwich hoard really.

    ReplyDelete