Monday 30 January 2012

Paper Casts

This is the papercast I made last week, or was it the week before?  I used a clear plastic mould I bought at the Knitting & Stitching Show in Harrogate.  First of all I greased it with petroleum jelly so that the paper released easily.  I used water soluble paper torn up into small pieces and wetted that with a paint brush.  I left it to dry for a couple of days and then released it from the mould and attached it to my sketchbook page.  Since then I have painted it with acrylic paint.  The colour above is not quite the same as it actually is and it does need some more work.

There are two more moulds in the set so shall be trying them next.  Have you all seen the hints on the Purple Missus blog using plasticine?  Looks like another good method to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment