Tuesday 25 September 2012

Creative Bookbinding Class


Its back to my creative bookbinding class at Malvern College this week.  Unfortunately it may not continue for much longer as there are only 8 people enrolled on a Friday afternoon.  We all made tunnel concertina books this week.  I managed to mess up as usual.  I had planned that the motif should be in the middle and somehow managed to get it offset, followed by not quite getting the end papers glued to the board neatly enough.

I much prefer doing things at home afterwards when I can take my time and concentrate more.  Not that I have any spare time at the moment.  I am stripping doors and window ledges, first with the heat gun and then followed by paint stripper and wire wool.  I look a nice sight in my protective mask (having invested in a proper one now as we most likely have lead paint)!!

2 comments:

  1. Book looks great even if motif is offset. Saw some lovely small books that Hester Cox has made in an exhibition in Masham. They folded and opened alternately and had printed (possibly collographed ) crows on each page. They were very beautiful but £60 each and I have no spare cash !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty bloody neat to me H! (Although I will concede that it's not quite central!) Mandy x

    ReplyDelete