Thursday 27 September 2012

Running Stitchers

Oh ....  I am so naughty.  The September meeting of Running Stitchers (alias the Venture 2 Group) had the task of stitching two versions of Jenni Raiment's Fancy Fandango.  I knew I had done it years ago, so after much searching through packing boxes in what might be my studio one day I eventually found the sample.

I decided I had better be sociable and join in the stitching so I made one tiny Fancy Fandango from 2 x 6" squares of fabric.  I then added a blue bead and scrounged a bit of blue Madeira machine embroidery thread from Valleri who was sat next to me, before adding the completed square to the top of my previous (and much larger) Fancy Fandango!!

I bet the other members of the group will all have made several more panels by now, including adding the 3" square of card, which was the next step towards making beautiful little boxes.  They all used lovely patterned fabrics too.

Today I am trying to correct a mistake I made yesterday on my second Tunnel Concertina Book and am making a real hash of it.  DH has gone up North to a funeral so I can either carry on messing about or get on with more door stripping.  What a choice ....

No comments:

Post a Comment