Tuesday 16 October 2012

Wallpaper Lining Book

I do anything but get on with the jobs I should be doing  ....  This book has been lying around half made since I did the Frances Pickering workshop last year.  I decided to paste a skeltonised magnolia leaf to the outside on Monday after stitching the book together.  I used Matt Acrylic Gel Medium which seems to have worked quite well.  I am not sure how durable it is going to be as the leaf was very fragile.

I then added another, smaller leaf to the inside of the book which encouraged me to experiment with wafer thin fragments from a beautiful wasps nest I managed to save when the rebuilding work was going on in the house.  The whole structure of the nest is very fragile and difficult to handle

My original idea was to sketch and make coloured drawings of the patterns however I only got as far as taking some photographs.

I have now managed to expose some of the 'comb' inside the nest so will do some more work on it when I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment