Thursday 11 April 2013

More Lutradur

Decided I had better test the Xpandaprint I had (which I knew was well past its 'Use By Date') so fished out an old stencil I had created for my Acanthus Pod at college and screenprinted over it onto some Lutradur using a nice little scraper I had purchased some time ago for use with thermofax screens.  Of course, the Xpandaprint came out far too thick, but I heated it anyway and it ended up looking like lizard skin.

I covered it with black gesso and then painted it with a mixture of Lumiere and Stewart Gill paints.  Discovered most of my Stewart Gill paints are now well and truly unusable so they are destined for the bin.  Shame really as I do like them, but obviously did not use them enough or I would have got to the bottom of the jar before it went solid.

1 comment:

  1. I think I have a whole load of 'past it' paints and stuff that could join them at the bottom of your bin !
    Some things I've had for years and never used at all - can't remember what half of them are for. MUST get my act together !

    ReplyDelete