Monday 20 April 2015

Visit 'Up North'

I have had several days away visiting friends in my native North Yorkshire.  I had a lovely time and saw lots of people which was lovely.

I went to visit a friend that I met in Darlington when we were both employed in the office of a furniture store called Cox & Falconer which must have been many years ago now.  Probably about 1970 ish.  Her and her sister have acquired this lovely wheaten terrier who is now just one year old.  She was absolutely adorable.

I spent the beginning of the week with a friend in Masham and we went for a jolly walk along the banks of the River Ure one evening crossing this bridge which is made to look like an oak leaf.
 Further along we came across the fisherman's hut and a bench, all very civilised.


We had a visit to The Bowes Museum up at Barnard Castle and I found this lovely rabbit pie dish and ceramic cabbage very captivating.  We went to see the 'Birds of Paradise Plumes & Feathers in Fashion' exhibition and also caught the 'Milk Snatcher - The Thatcher Drawings' exhibition by Gerald Scarfe.

No comments:

Post a Comment